The Business major prepares students to effectively lead and manage businesses and organizations anywhere in the world, including for-profit enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, and governmental and international non-governmental entities.
This major develops the practical skills and core competencies required for the challenges of business and organizational dynamics in domestic and international settings. It immerses students in the timeless principles and cutting-edge processes essential for maximum effectiveness in creating and managing their own business; leading and developing other businesses; and forming and building high-performance teams and organizations. Students also receive opportunities to develop and explore entrepreneurship ideas and ideals, community business and organizational engagement, and practical and vocational business and leadership techniques and opportunities. Beyond developing their own professional skills and competencies, graduates are equipped to pursue graduate education in areas such as business administration, accounting and finance, international business, risk management, law, or organizational leadership.
Our graduates work in businesses and industries around the world. The Business program will prepare you to attain the skills necessary to add value to any organization. Whether your goal is to start and run your own business, engage in church or ministry leadership, or lead a corporation, the Business coursework will provide you the tools for success.
By completing the Business major, each graduate of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic proficiency in essential business skills
- Devise a personal philosophy of business
- Understand biblical-based Christian worldview that can be used in business settings
- Demonstrate entrepreneurship ideas and practical business techniques capable of starting a personal business endeavor
- Minimum 120 semester hours credit
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 18 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least 12 hours of additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Completion of the 45 hour Business Administration major