The M.A. in Chaplaincy degree provides students with specialized skills to perform the pastoral, caregiver, emotional, and spiritual support roles of a chaplain. It prepares students to serve as chaplains in a corporate, institutional, or organizational context.
In addition to the mission statement and general objectives and requirements of a CBS degree, the objectives of the M.A. in Chaplaincy degree are to enable students to:
- Articulate the theology, history, and nature of chaplaincy
- Articulate the biblical, theological, and worship foundations of chaplaincy in a pluralistic setting
- Apply an evangelistic approach to bringing others to Christ in pluralistic settings
The M.A. in Chaplaincy degree is available fully online in a 6 and 8 week format or in a residential 16 week format.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU’s Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained.
- Essay (800 words total)
- Church Leader Reference