CIU’s online MBA program prepares graduate students vocationally for both for-profit and not-for-profit environments in which advanced competencies in business management, organizational leadership, economics, finance, and other core business-related disciplines are required.
Combined with CIU’s core values and its emphasis on leadership from a Christian worldview, graduate students will be distinctively equipped for domestic and international service with for-profit enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, and international nongovernmental organizations. Students will study the principles and best practices of effective and ethical leadership and management, concentrating on the traditional core business-related disciplines so that graduates of the program acquire the advanced knowledge and skills to be successful across a broad range of organizational settings as entrepreneurs, business professionals, and organizational leaders.
The ideal candidate for admission to CIU’s online MBA program is working in the marketplace and needs flexible hours and online access to business-related courses in order to advance their professional development and to achieve advancement in their business or organizational career.
Upon completing the MBA program, each graduate will be able to:
- Engage and learn generally recognized principles, dynamics, and best practices in the core disciplines of business, economics, and organizational development, within a cross-cultural and international context.
- Articulate and demonstrate a personal philosophy of effective and ethical business and leadership practices and strategies, well-grounded in a biblically-based Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively and ethically lead people, manage systems and operations, and steward resources at various levels within for-profit and not-for-profit organizations for the overall benefit of the organizations’ owners, donors, shareholders and stakeholders.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.0 GPA for the most recent degree obtained.
Students may transfer in up to six hours from prior related graduate level work, subject to the approval of the MBA Program Director. See the complete transfer policy here.
- Minimum 36 semester hours
- Minimum cumulative 2.7 GPA
- No courses with grades lower than a C may be used toward degree requirements