For other Communication Department majors, see Communication, BS , Media Arts, BS and Digital Media & Cinema, BS .
The Social Media Strategist major will equip the student to coordinate the combined efforts of the organization toward a comprehensive communication between the organization, communities and individuals. Essential to the Social Media Strategist major is the understanding of which social media programs should be utilized in order to create effective marketing campaigns to connect business with consumers. They will also monitor site traffic (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, LinkedIn, etc.) to facilitate the development of an online social network.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the creation of computer-mediated technologies viewable on desktop, laptops, tablets and smartphones.
- Devise strategies that will effectively connect individuals, communities, organizations and businesses online portals and social media.
- Integrate a biblically-based Christian worldview that can be used in social media settings.
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer-mediated technology that facilitates the creation and sharing of information, ideas, interests and other forms of expression via social media networks.
- Minimum 120 semester hours of credit
- Complete 18 hours in Bible and Theology courses.
- 6 semester hours of Leadership Development courses.
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Minimum 27 semester hours in Communication Core courses.
- Minimum for 21 semester hours in Social Media Strategist courses
- Minimum 24 semester hours of upper division courses
- Satisfactory evidence of Christian character and doctrinal views
- Meets all ethical requirements and Student Life standards
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
See Undergraduate Core for graduation requirements.