The Master of Arts in Disaster Relief and Emergency Management provides students the knowledge and skills necessary to respond to natural disasters and crises while demonstrating Christian compassion, service, and witness.
Students will be able to:
- Articulate the mission of God from Scripture.
- Demonstrate practical and leadership skills in responding to natural disasters and crises.
- Demonstrate appropriate Christian communication and care to those affected by disasters and crises.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU’s Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained.
- Essay (800 words total)
- Church Leader Reference
The time limit for completion of all requirements is ten years, measured from the date a student begins coursework in the M.A. DREM program.
Course credits earned at another institution may be counted toward the M.A. DREM degree, but a minimum of one-third of the course credits required for the degree must be taken at Columbia International University. Transfer credit must be approved by the student’s advisor and dean.
The M.A. DREM is available fully online. Please contact Admissions for further information.