For other Communication Department majors see Communication, BS and Digital Media & Cinema, BS and Social Media Strategist, BS .
The Communication Department exists to educate students in the development of skills that will enable them to appropriately and creatively utilize the latest technology to communicate Christ creatively. To be a competent communicator one must know the Word God gave us and the world God created.
The common core of the Media Arts program provides a foundation in essential disciplines that will contribute to the student’s ability to communicate effectively in today’s world.
The purpose of the Media Arts major is to train students to organize and manage various aspects of the visual media arts. This major is designed to allow students to follow their interests and passions while developing their skills and talents. This major will ultimately produce graduates who are highly employable as productive and competent creators in tomorrow’s media landscape. The major also encourages students to develop fluency and flexibility in all aspects of media arts production.
- Determine appropriate media to convey meaning via messages
- Demonstrate the ability to create, edit and design web pages
- Utilize photography to enhance media
- Write effectively for the social and mass media disciplines
- Minimum 120 semester hours of credit
- Complete 18 hours in Bible and Theology courses.
- 6 semester hours of Leadership Development courses.
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Minimum 27 semester hours in Communication Core courses.
- Minimum for 21 semester hours in Media Arts courses
- Minimum 24 semester hours of upper division courses
- Satisfactory evidence of Christian character and doctrinal views
- Meets all ethical requirements and Student Life standards
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
See Undergraduate Core for graduation requirements.