The online Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership degree program will prepare students to serve as effective leaders in a wide variety of ministry, business (small and large), non-profit, education, and health care organizations. “Organizational Leaders” is a generic term for people who hold leadership roles in such diverse organizations as colleges and universities, hospitals, clinics, K-12 schools, small businesses, midsized to large corporations, government agencies, non-profit organizations, churches, and para church organizations throughout the United States and around the world. An advanced degree in organizational leadership is extremely important because effective leaders lead themselves, teams within their organizations and ultimately the entire organization toward the achievement of the vision of the organization guided by its mission within the boundaries established by organizational values. In short, effective leaders grow effective organizations.
The Ph.D. in Organizational Leadership prepares leaders to provide effective leadership by equipping them with practical tools for success at every organizational level.
Students will demonstrate learning in specified areas of organizational leadership. The program specifies competencies which students must satisfactorily demonstrate for completion of the degree. The competencies are supported by program courses, assessed within each of those courses and demonstrated by the successful completion of a doctoral dissertation.
Students will be able to understand, analyze, synthesize, and evaluate …
- Principles of effective organizational leadership, foundational theories, research findings, cultural/sociological/psychological dynamics, and alternative models for understanding and leading individuals and teams in business and professional organizations around the world.
- High-quality organizational leadership best practices and dynamics in the core disciplines of strategic planning, governance, finance and development.
- The components and processes of action research and action research interpretation which address issues of effective practices and provide solutions to organizational questions and problems within a diverse array of global organizations.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned graduate degree
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained
- Academic writing sample (Master’s thesis or graduate research paper)
- CV or Resume that demonstrates minimum 3 years of leadership experience
Residency and Transfer Policies
No transfer credit is allowed.
The time limit for completing the program is 27 months, from the student’s first class to graduation. In extenuating circumstances, a student may petition for additional time to complete the program of study.
Although advisors are assigned for the duration of the program to every student, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all requirements for graduation have been met.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 48 semester credits of approved course work, including the dissertation, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), with no grade below B- applicable to the degree.
- Demonstrate competency on each of the program’s outcomes through satisfactory completion of courses, and the dissertation.
- Complete and orally defend an approved dissertation that exhibits the student’s ability to do competent research, think critically, and communicate effectively.