The online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration degree prepares and equips students to effectively lead and manage businesses and organizations anywhere in the world, including for-profit enterprises, not-for-profit organizations, and governmental and international non-governmental entities.
This major immerses students in the principles and processes essential to create and manage their own business; lead and develop other businesses; and form and build high-performing teams and organizations. Students also receive opportunities to develop and explore entrepreneurship ideas and ideals, community business and organizational engagement, and practical and vocational business and leadership techniques and opportunities. Beyond developing their own professional skills and competencies, graduates are equipped to pursue graduate education in areas such as business administration, accounting and finance, healthcare administration, international business, risk management, law, or organizational leadership and management.
Whether your goal is to start and run your own business, engage in church or ministry leadership, or lead a corporation, the Business Administration coursework will provide you the tools for success.
Upon completing the Business Administration major, each graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of business functions.
- Develop a personal business ethic based on a biblical worldview.
- Execute analytical and decision-making skills in organizational leadership.
- Minimum 120 semester hours of credit
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
- Completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours of CIU coursework
- Completion of a biblical studies core that includes 18 hours of Bible/theology/ministry courses and at least 12 hours of additional interdisciplinary Bible-related course
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Completion of the 45 hour Business Administration major