For other Communication Department majors, see Digital Media & Cinema, BS , Media Arts, BS and Social Media Strategist, BS .
The Communication Department educates students in the development of their skills enabling them to appropriately and creatively utilize today’s technology to communicate Christ creatively. To be a competent communicator one must know the Word God gave us and the world God created.
The Communication common core program provides a foundation in the essential disciplines that contribute to the student’s ability to communicate effectively in today’s world. The core provides a well-rounded, well-grounded education in communication.
This major is designed to allow students to follow their interests and passions while developing their skills and talents. A major in Communication coupled with a major in Bible provides the knowledge and skills necessary to be a professional in a rapidly changing world.
- Develop essential disciplines in the field of media and communication.
- Integrate biblical knowledge into the display of media for marketplace and ministry organizations.
- Develop competencies in creativity to communicate Christ creatively.
- Understand how communication principles and mass media theory create effective communication strategies.
- Use today’s mass, social and broadcast media to communicate effectively.
- Minimum 120 semester hours of credit
- Complete 18 hours in Bible and Theology courses.
- 6 semester hours of Leadership Development courses.
- Minimum of 30 semester hours of General Education
- Minimum 27 semester hours in Communication Core courses.
- Minimum for 21 semester hours in Communication courses
- Minimum 24 semester hours of upper division courses
- Satisfactory evidence of Christian character and doctrinal views
- Meets all ethical requirements and Student Life standards
- Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA
See Undergraduate Core for graduation requirements.