The M.A. in Bible Exposition provides students with specialized knowledge and skills to understand, apply, and communicate the Scriptures effectively on a regular basis in a local church context. It prepares students to teach or preach as a member of a church staff or as part of a para-church ministry.
In addition to the mission statement and general objectives and requirements of a CBS degree, the objectives of the M.A. in Bible Exposition degree are to enable students to:
- Practice sound exegesis and exposition of the biblical text
- Trace key themes in Scripture
- Demonstrate skill in communicating biblical truth
The Master of Arts in Bible Exposition degree is available fully online in a 6 and 8 week format or in a residential 16 week format.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU’s Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained.
- Essay (800 words total)
- Church Leader Reference