The Master of Arts in Global Migration Studies (M.A. in GMS ) provides students with an understanding of global migration and the cultural, economic, and spiritual impact of peoples on the move. The M.A. in GMS further equips students to minister to refugees, asylum seekers, international students and other immigrants.
The M.A. in GMS equips students to:
- Discuss the history and politics of global migration.
- Describe Christian mission in a context of global migration.
- Distinguish between various groups of diaspora peoples (refugees, asylum seekers, students, business people) and their unique needs.
- Demonstrate skill in ministering to various groups of diaspora peoples.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Affirm to be a Christian and agree with CIU’s Doctrinal Standard
- Official transcript for highest earned degree and any master’s level credits earned
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained.
- Essay (800 words total)
- Church Leader Reference
The time limit for completion of all requirements is ten years, measured from the date a student begins coursework in the M.A. in GMS program.
Course credits earned at another institution may be counted toward the MA in GMS degree, but a minimum of one-third of the course credits required for the degree must be taken at Columbia International University. Transfer credit must be approved by the student’s advisor and dean.
The M.A. in GMS is available fully online. Please contact Admissions for further information.