Mar 29, 2023
The College of Business and Professional Study’s Doctor of Business Administration program is designed to meet the development needs of working business professionals. This practical doctoral degree is available entirely online, and the program could be completed in as little as 27 months. This degree program is unique because learners begin the applied doctoral project experience (ADPE) early in the program and alongside the core coursework. This is made possible by weaving the writing of the applied doctoral project experience into the fabric of the DBA degree program. In addition, every learner is assigned a mentor (applied doctoral project experience advisor/chair). Mentor assignments take place during the third term. This mentor also serves as the Chair of the Applied Doctoral Project Experience Committee.
Students will demonstrate learning in specified areas of business administration. The program specifies competencies which students must satisfactorily demonstrate for completion of the degree. The competencies are supported by program courses and assessed via coursework and an applied doctoral project experience.
The DBA business professional by equipping them with practical business tools for success at every organizational level.
Graduates of Columbia International University’s Doctor of Business Administration program will be prepared to:
- Evaluate and synthesize advanced theoretical and applied research in business, management, strategic planning, innovative thinking, leveraging strategic assets, business analytics, decision making, and problem solving.
- Apply the principles of current and emerging business theory to solve complex, real-world problems in the areas of business administration, management, leadership, real-world research methods, and business analytics.
- Practice leadership, management, and entrepreneurism from a diverse, multicultural perspective.
- Lead organizations using an ethical personal leadership philosophy based upon a Christian worldview.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills and written/oral communication skills appropriate for a career in academia or executive business leadership.
- Design rigorous research that will contribute to the body of knowledge in the disciplines of business and management.
- Online application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts for highest earned graduate degree
- A minimum 2.5 GPA for the most recent degree obtained
- Academic writing sample (Master’s thesis or graduate research paper)
- Graduate Level Degree: Provide a transcript from an accredited college/university demonstrating the attainment of a graduate level degree include a Master in Business Administration or Master Degree in a business specialty (finance, management, accounting, etc.), or Master Degree as approved. Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher. Please note, no transfer credit will be accepted.
- CV or Resume that demonstrates minimum 3 years of business experience at any level.
Residency and Transfer Policies
No transfer credit is allowed.
The time limit for completing the program is 27 months, from the student’s first class to graduation. In extenuating circumstances, a student may petition for additional time to complete the program of study.
Although advisors are assigned for the duration of the program to every student, it is the student’s responsibility to ensure that all requirements for graduation have been met.
- Successful completion of a minimum of 48 semester credits of approved course work, including the dissertation, with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), with no grade below B- applicable to the degree.
- Demonstrate competency on each of the program’s outcomes through satisfactory completion of courses, and the dissertation.
- Complete and orally defend an approved Applied Doctoral Project that exhibits the student’s ability to do competent research, think critically, and communicate effectively.